New York City and Manhattan, NY
Technology is evolving so quickly and affects nearly every aspect of our daily life. The field of dermatology is no exception to this fact. As dermatologists working at the forefront of their field, Drs. Debra Wattenberg and Ilyse Lefkowicz at NY Skin RX use the latest technologies available to treat your skin care needs. One of the most advanced, and versatile, technologies we use is laser therapy.
Laser therapy opens a wide range of opportunities for application in dermatology
Medical science has been using lasers in some form for more than four decades, but as technology has advanced, modern medical lasers are more versatile—and less expensive—than those in the past, making laser technology more accessible than ever. At NY Skin RX, we use laser therapy in a host of different procedures to treat various skin conditions, hair removal, and cosmetic procedures.
Learn about the advantages of laser therapy
Laser therapy is non-invasive. Any type of laser treatment can be completed without making any actual incisions into the skin or supporting tissue, and still producing results that smooth, tighten, and tone skin. Laser therapy mimics the effects of traditional surgery without the accompanying complications and downtime, in most cases.
Laser therapy is well tolerated by most patients. Any discomfort during a laser therapy procedure is minimal, usually comparable to having a rubber band snapped against your skin. You may experience some redness following a laser procedure, and depending on the laser treatment you choose, a topical cream can be applied prior to the procedure as a numbing agent.
Laser therapy has no downtime. You can resume your regular routine after any procedure performed by your Manhattan dermatologist at NY Skin RX that involves laser technology. You may have to be careful about sun exposure, however, for as long as a week following a procedure—depending on the type of laser therapy you receive.
What types of laser therapy does NY Skin RX offer?
Our services in the area of laser therapy include the following:
- Capillary – Used to address a wide variety of different kinds of skin redness from causes such as broken capillaries or broken blood vessels, NY Skin RX uses the KTP Aura laser on these treatments. It may take a sequence of appointments at regular intervals to achieve a successful outcome.
- GentleWaves LED – Rejuvenate your skin with the least invasive type of laser therapy available. Gentle pulses of LED light stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, making skin appear younger with greater smoothness and firmness.
- Intense Treatment IPL – Intense Pulse Light can be used to heal sun damage and reverse the apparent effects of aging without causing any damage to healthy skin cells. Receiving these treatments does entail the application of a topical numbing cream prior to the procedure.
- Blue Light/Photodynamic Therapy – Also referred to as PDT, photodynamic therapy combines a specifically designed laser with a photosensitizing chemical that makes your skin cells more sensitive to light. A course of photodynamic therapy can repair mild to moderate cases of sun damage, while also treating precancerous skin cancer cells.
- Laser Hair Removal – Hair is removed by using a laser to target the pigment in the hair follicle underneath the skin. You are left with skin that is smoother, absent of stubble, and will not be irritated by ingrown hairs.
- Fraxel® – This sophisticated tool emits a bright and powerful laser light, which is absorbed selectively into blood vessels to destroy the affected vessels that are causing the redness.
- Clear + Brilliant® – A gentle, non-invasive laser treatment that employs pulsating beams of light to exfoliate the outer layers of your skin and stimulate collagen production, which is vital to growing new, healthy skin.
- VBeam® Laser – This laser emits infinitesimal columns of light, which travel below the skin and form many tiny microthermal zones that causes your body to push old skin to the surface, replacing it with new, younger-looking skin as it boosts collagen growth.
- Ultherapy® – Using ultrasound energy that focuses on specific target areas, Ultherapy® lifts and tightens skin without any incisions or disruptions of the surface of the skin by targeting the skin’s foundational layer. It also stimulates collagen growth, which is responsible for youthful-looking skin.
- SculpSure –Using light based technology, this treatment targets areas of fat by destroying their cellular structure.
- Isolaz™ – Powered by a breakthrough technology called Photopneumatics™, this therapy is the only proven, painless treatment that targets acne and provides skin rejuvenation.
- PRP Microneedling – Using a special roller device that gently pricks the skin’s surface, a mixture of nutrients, vitamins, and other active ingredients are delivered through the process to stimulate collagen, and treat hair loss.
Laser Therapy Dermatology in Manhattan
Each laser therapy procedure at NY Skin RX is administered by of one of our board-certified dermatologists, minimizing the risk and potential of harmful side effects. To learn more about any of these laser therapy procedures and how they can benefit you, give us a call at (212) 288-3200 to schedule a consultation.
NY Skin RX provides state-of-the-art cosmetic and medical dermatology services to patients in Manhattan, the Upper East Side, and throughout New York City.